One way to connect two computers is to use the network cable or UTP cable is known. Technique of connecting 2 computers with UTP cable directly in the model network peer to peer or point to point.
So that both computers can communicate with each other, there are at least three things that we have to do, namely:
Make sure both computers have Network cards that have the driver installed.
Prepare the cable UTP cable with Cross Over. For those who do not know the arrangement of wires cross can read my post about the sequence of the cable UTP Straight and Cross Over.
1. Set the IP Address of the second computer by IP Address is different but with the same subnet. As an example:
2. A computer IP Address: 192.168.1.1 with subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
3. IP Address of computer B: 192.168.1.2 with subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
After the cable UTP Cross Over is installed, the next step is to set the IP Address manually on each computer, here's how the computer with OS Windows XP:
1. click on Start-Control Panel, double-click Network Connections.
2. right-click on the Local Area Connection icon, click Properties
3. in the Local Area Connection Properties window, highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click the Properties button as shown in the picture below:
4. a window will open the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties, enter the IP Address as in the picture above.
5. Do the same on the other computer. Set with a different IP Address.
If the computer cannot PING each other, checking such as the following:
1. Check the connection cables UTP Cross Over whether is correct
2. make sure the LAN adapters already active (enable)
3. check the IP Address of the second computer, is it one subnet
4 turn off your Firewall or enable (check) the option File and Printer Sharing Exception in Windows Firewall.
If both computers are connected then we can share data between computers or resource such as using printer sharing or short messaging each other over the network. For information about how to share data between computers in a network I will discuss in the next post.
4 komentar to "Connecting two computers with LAN cable UTP"
- ► Februari (36)
- ► Desember (54)
- ► November (153)
- ► Agustus (50)