At first each of those files are written to a hard drive in a location that is neatly arranged/each other, there is no free space (blank space) between those files. As time goes by, not only the files just kept filling up the hard drive, but it occurs also changes on the old files, be increased, diminished even erased.
The impact of these activities lead to a condition in which the placement of these files does not neatly arranged again, where often there is empty space because the data are erased and the placement of new pieces of irregular file again. This causes the storage space on the hard disk used in inefficient and can reduce storage capacity. This is commonly referred to by the term "fragmentation on the hard drive".
Fragmentation on the hard drive it is natural and unavoidable. But the impact of this fragmentation of the hard disk can cause the computer runs very slowly because there's extra time to "find" the location of several pieces of files scattered squiggly.
How to troubleshoot hard drive Fragmentation
In order to overcome the fragmentation of the hard drive, all we have to do obviously is to reorder the back files that are stored in a squiggly termed "hard drive defragmentation". Simple illustration about the fragmentation and defragmentation of the hard drive can be seen in the picture below:
fragmentation and defragmentation of the hard drive
As seen on the pictures, initially for terseusun files to mess with, then once there are additions to the file first, then hard drive fragmentation will occur. By running a defragmentation of the hard drive the files are arranged back to mess with.
To perform a defragmentation of the hard drive we can use the built-in windows Tool or use some third-party applications like defragler and mydefrag.
Here's how to run the hard drive defrag tool can also be bawaaan on windows 7:
- Click Start-All Programs-Accessories-System Tools-Disk Defragmenter.
- defragmentation of the hard drive in windows 7
- Click Analyze to see how many percentage of fragmentation on the hard drive
- Click Defragment to begin the Disk defrag the hard drive.
Where necessary we can also schedule defragmentation of the hard drive and click the Configure schedule ...
0 komentar to "Get to know the fragmentation and defragmentation of the hard drive"
- ► Februari (36)
- Data protection on a USB Pendrive
- Tips how to choose a flashdisk
- Get to know the fragmentation and defragmentation ...
- 5 easy ways to optimize your PC system
- Google Drives Storage Media Online from Google
- How To Reset BIOS Motherboard Computer
- How To Merge PDF Files
- How to create ISO image files in Windows 7
- ▼ Jan 01 (8)
- ► Desember (54)
- ► November (153)
- ► Agustus (50)